Command-line and functional interfaces.
- Reading: McConnell, Chapters 5-7.
- Chapter 7 by Wednesday, March 28. The others by Wednesday, April 4.
- A web server log summarizer
- Due by 8:30 AM Wednesday, April 4. Please hand in via
Visitors (4/2), style, comments, etc.
- Reading: McConnell, Section 32.3.
- By Friday, April 6.
- Prepare for the code reviews.
- Reviews will take place on Monday and Tuesday, April 9-10. More details
will arrive via e-mail.
Code reviews, assertions, and error handling.
- Reading: McConnell, Chapter 8.
- By Friday, April 13.
- Rewrite your log summarizer
- Due by 8:30 AM Monday, April 16.
Visitor (4/16) and testing.
- Reading: McConnell, Chapter 22.
- By Wednesday, April 18.
- Reading: McConnell, Chapter 23.
- By Friday, April 20.
- A testing system for a shortest-path program.
- Due by 11:59 PM Tuesday, April 24.
- Lab exercises on make and
- Also, this Unix scavenger hunt.
- In class on Wednesday, April 25.
- A shortest-path program.
- Due by 5:00 PM Friday, April 27.
- Reading: Craig Larman's Use
Case Model: Writing Requirements in Context, sections 6.1-6.8.
- By Friday, May 4.
- Use cases.
- Due on paper by 8:30 AM Wednesday, May 9.
- Reading: Freeman & Freeman, Chapters 1 & 2.
- By Friday, May 11.
- A weather display program.
- Due 8:30AM Monday, May 21.
Weeks 8, 9
User interface design.
- Reading: Cooper & Reimann, Chapters 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 20.
- These are the chapters I recommend reading if you want a reasonably
brief introduction to some of the core ideas and problem areas in
human-computer interaction user interface design. We will talk about
these ideas in class May 21 and 28.
- A shape editor
- Due 5:00PM Monday, June 4