- Associate Professor of Computer Science, Carleton College
- Chair of Computer Science department, 2013-2016
- Member of Carleton Faculty since 2003
- Post-doctoral researcher, Hewlett-Packard Laboratories, 2000-2003
- PhD, Electrical Engineering, Northwestern University
- MS, Electrical Engineering, Northwestern University
- BS, Electrical Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- Quality of experience/quality of service of Internet applications
- Self-healing computer networks
- Human-computer interaction
- Computer networks
- Network measurement, characterization, performance, and analysis
- Streaming media
- Queuing theory
- Academic civic engagement
- Active learning
- Computer networks
- Human-computer interaction and human-centered computing
- Software design
- Introductory CS sequence
- Senior comprehensive exercise ("Comps")
- Computer architecture
Links and info
Selected recent publications
(undergraduate authors listed in bold)
- J. Davis, J. Albrecht, C. Alvarado, T. Chen, A. Csizmar Dalal, S. Lee. "Computer science faculty careers at liberal arts colleges." In XRDS 21(3), March 2015, pp 13-15.
- A. Csizmar Dalal. "A Framework for Self-Healing Home Networks." In Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Heterogeneous Networking for Quality, Reliability, Security, and Robustnests (Qshine), Rhodes, Greece, August 2014. (Short paper)
- A. Csizmar Dalal. "Systems Considerations in Real Time Video QoE Assessment". In Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Quality of Experience for Multimedia Communications (QoEMC), Anaheim, CA, December 2012.
- A. Csizmar Dalal. "User-perceived Quality Assessment of Streaming Media Using Reduced Feature Sets". In ACM Transactions on Internet Technology 11(2), December 2011.
- A. Csizmar Dalal, Andy Bouchard, Sara Cantor, Yiran Guo, Anya Johnson. "Assessing QoE of On-Demand TCP Video Streams in Real Time." In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2012), Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, June 2012.
- H. French, J. Lin, T. Phan, A. Csizmar Dalal. "Real Time Video QoE Analysis of RTMP Streams." (Poster). In Proceedings of the 30th IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC), Orlando, FL, November 2011.
- A. Csizmar Dalal. "Revisiting a QoE Assessment Architecture Six Years Later: Lessons Learned and Remaining Challenges". (Invited paper) In Proceedings of the Third International Workshop on Advanced Architectures and Algorithms for Internet Delivery and Applications (AAA-IDEA), Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain, November 2009.
- A. Csizmar Dalal, E. Kawaler, S. Tucker. "Towards Real-Time Stream Quality Prediction: Predicting Video Stream Quality from Partial Stream Information". In Proceedings of The Sixth International ICST Conference on Heterogeneous Networking for Quality, Reliability, Security and Robustness (QShine), Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain, November 2009.
- A. Csizmar Dalal. "Digital Storytelling as a Gateway to Computer Science". In Journal of the Research Center for Educational Technology 4(2), Fall 2008. Available online at http://www.rcetj.org
Teaching schedule, 2016-17 :
- I am on sabbatical for all of the 2016-17 academic year.
Office hours, 2016-17 :
- By appointment only. Carleton students, faculty, and staff can see my free/busy status in my Carleton calendar.
Student research :
- If you are a current Carleton student who is interested in doing research with me, please contact me. I have several ongoing projects to which students can contribute.
Contact info :
- office : Library 216
- email : adalal at carleton dot edu
- skype : acdalal
- twitter : @drcsiz
- mail : One North College St., Northfield, MN 55057
- phone : 507-222-5632
Design by Minimalistic Design